Alsip , IL
Decided on Experience
- Perform Feasibility Review - including individual and/or group engineer`s review, or management team review.
- Write manufacturing processes using appropriate software and Create sequence of operations traveler resulting in quality product delivered to customer on time
- Write inspection processes for incoming material, raw material, in-process production and finished goods.
- Establish inventory requirements for job specific material types and quantities.
- Create bills of material
- Review lead time necessary for job including tooling, fixturing, gaging, machine availability and outside processes; advise manufacturing, scheduling and/or sales if there is a problem.
- Order, Design or select appropriate tooling, fixtures and gages.
- Research, select and verify sub-contractor pricing is included in quote or use available lot charges when applicable. Coordinate efforts with purchasing to send out quote requests when necessary. Solicit customer approval as needed.
- Review all requirements including lot quantities, specs, inspection, packaging, supplied tooling or gages, and any documents for Configuration Management requirements when applied to aerospace products
- Assist shop personnel with process and tooling issues.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Complete `Shop Paper` (routing sheets) and appropriate documents (time cards) neatly and accurately.
- Monitor, record and consistently report missed set up time estimates.
- Comply with appropriate company and machine safety policies & procedures.
- Work in accordance with company policies and procedures, including safety and those governing the quality system as defined by ISO 9001 and outlined in the Quality Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Communicate all production information such as quality issues, scrap rates and other problems to appropriate personnel including lead, supervisor, front office, engineering and quality department.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Receives, understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
- Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years` experience as process, product or manufacturing engineer
- Read, understand and interpret blue-prints, drawings and customer specifications.
- Identify, use and interpret appropriate calibrated metrology device for piece part inspection.
- Distinguish different raw materials (e.g. Stainless Steel vs. Cold Rolled Steel)
- Understand machining properties of various raw materials (e.g. 303SST vs. 304SST).
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate mathematical skills (e.g. basic trigonometry).
- Working knowledge of all applicable software including Job Boss, Master Cam, Office, etc.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- OSHA required training in Lock-out / Tag-out, Hazard Communication, PPE and Emergency Evacuation.
- In-house training on all assigned machinery and equipment.
Have a Resume
Build a Resume